Home Brew Chef's Four Ale Nachos
Recently the guys from Brewing TV were in town. They wanted to film Justin (The Brewing Network) brewing a beer and asked if I could provide some food. What better dish than Nachos to serve to a bunch of beer geeks, while they are brewing a beer?!?!?!
Serves: around 10 hungry beer drinkers.
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, thick, yellow corn
- 1 bag corn tortilla chips, blue corn
- 4 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, Sonoma Jack
- 4 cup Colby Cheddar, Tillamook
- 1 recipe Lamb Chili Infused with Stout Beer
- 1 recipe Smoked Porter Black Beans
- 1 recipe IPA Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 recipe Beer Cheese Sauce, using South of the Boarder Chipolte Smoked Jack Beer Cheese Sauce version.
- 1 bunch cilantro, fresh, washed and stems removed
Preheat the oven to 400°F/204°C.
Line a sheet tray with either a Silpat® or aluminum foil. Create a layer of yellow corn tortilla chips, then sprinkle some Colby cheddar and pepper jack on top. Then create a layer of blue corn tortilla chips, repeating with the cheeses. Repeat till all the cheese and tortilla chips have been used. Place into the oven and back until the cheese melts, about 15 - 18 minutes. Have all the other recipes ready to go at this point.
Once the chips and cheese are warm and melted together, transfer them to a serving platter. Next layer some of the Lamb Chili Infused with Stout Beer, then the Smoked Porter Black Beans, then some of the IPA Sour Cream Sauce and then the Beer Cheese Sauce. Garnish with the cilantro and serve.
To Pair with:
For more recipes, techniques and menu ideas, explore the redesigned Home Brew Chef and our new Chef's Table